For the past few years, Tommy T has been touring the world as the bass player of gypsy punk powerhouse Gogol Bordello. He was born and raised in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, before moving to Washington, DC, and becoming an integral part of the celebrated Ethiopian musical scene there. In between tours with Gogol, Tommy, along with some other great Ethiopian musicians, recorded The Prester John Sessions. The resulting record is a mesmerizing excursion into the music and culture of Ethiopia, touching on Ethiopian funk, dub, roots and jazz. Plus, it has bonus remix featuring Eugene Hutz and Pedro Erazo from Gogol Bordello and mixed by Michael G of the Easy Star All-Stars. This record will be available exclusively on iTunes starting October 13, then released in full November 10, but you can pre-order your copy now by clicking the banner above.
* The first 100 CDs will be signed by Tommy T
* Don’t wait until the release date to hear it! Downloads of the album will be available to all customers starting October 13, regardless of whether you order a physical CD or a digital download.
* Chance to hang backstage at a Gogol Bordello show with Tommy!
Every order gets you a chance to win the following:
* 3 Grand Prizes: A pair of tickets to an upcoming Gogol Bordello show, along with a meet and greet by Tommy T and a chance to hang backstage. Winners also receive a complete set of Easy Star CDs (15 CDs total) and an Easy Star Records tee shirt.
* 3 Runners Up: 10 Easy Star Records CDs and an Easy Star Records tee shirt.
In addition, you can also pre-order a tee shirt designed around the striking cover art of this release. It’s available in a men’s tee or a women’s tee, so pick your style, and wear it proudly. When bought with a CD, it’s only $25 for the whole bundle.